Scratches on the back from nowhere
Hello, recently I have noticed that once in a while I wake up and I have about 10 long scratches on my upper back. They stay on my back for about a day or two and heal naturally. I can feel and see them but I have no idea how I am getting them. I get them randomly. It is as if a cat has been scratching my back while I sleep but I have no animals and I do not wake up from it as far as I can remember. They do not really affect me but I am curious as to how I am getting them... thx.
Scratches do not just appear.  Do you sleepwalk?  You may wish to see a sleep therapist and see how you sleep.  If you are sleepwalking you may be doing something that is giving you the long scratches.  good luck
I have the same issue.  I don't own a cat, but I have these scratches on my back randomly.  I don't think I sleep walk, and even if I did I'm not sure how I would get these scratches.  
hey i have a 5year old daughter and she also has scratches on her back and sometimes on her bottom i see this when she takes a shower and it really scares me sometimes because she says that the ghost does that to her and i dont know where to go to take her cus they appear for a while and then for about less than 15 min they dissapear.. i dont think its from sleepwalking i really have no idea either..
I too have scratches appear at the top of my neck, they definately happen at night and for the life of me cannot work out what is going on. Also I feel as though at night someone actually wakes me up in the middle of the night by making weird noises. My dogs know what is going on, they sometimes bark, but now seem to be used to this ongoing event. What is happening?
A related discussion, unexplained scratches was started.
A related discussion, Red Scratches was started.