Semi painless Lump in Shin
For as long as I can recall I have had this soft lump in my right shin about 6" above my ankle just to the right about 1" of my shin bone.  It doesn't bother me much and it seems to swell up and then go back to not noticeable at all when looking at my leg.  I've been doing light jogging for about 3 months 45 min for about 4-6 days a week.  I have noticed that it swells up when doing any form of activity other then short walks, and is typically painless but when it becomes larger it gets tender, and I'll start to get shin splint pains in that one leg.  I couldn't really make it appear at a dr's visit and he told me it was just that it was shin splits and i should stretch better, but that doesn't explain the tender lump.   Just wondering if anyone had advice?
i have a very similar lump on my shin right leg, seems to be 6 inch above ankle and slightly to the right of shin bone like you mentioned.

i dont recall ever hitting or bruising it to cause this, also it is somewhat painful there is no indication of irritation or bug bite or bruise but when i rub it it feels like it is filled with liquid or some sort.
Ok, so this sounds similar to what I have. On my right shin about 6 inches above my ankle.  It is on the left outer side of my shin bone.  My lump is about the size of a half dollar, and it is soft.   I have had it for a little over a month, and it just started aching this week.  Like you stated, I feel like I am having shin splint pains.  Let me know if you find anything out.  I am going to the doctor tomorrow because it has become pretty painful.
i have the same thing on my shin on my left leg and i has this bruise for months it really hurts and it has bump inside of it feels like a goose egg at first it changes color i thought it was getting better and i banged it again now its bak and hurts alot my anke is starting to swell up becuae of it  well my leg
A related discussion, Lump on shin was started.
hhc
A related discussion, same here was started.
A related discussion, Shin Lumps was started.