Sensation like skin crawling
For several months I have been getting this weird sensation that my skin is crawling.  This happens just behind my right shoulder blade in exactly the same place every time.  It generally happens for no reason that I can fathom.  It is a sort of itching sensation and then a sensation that there is something crawling under my skin.  When I rub it with my fingers it disappears for a while but inevitably it returns within a few minutes.  There is no pain involved.
Would be interested to find out if there is a medical explanation for this!
Many thanks
Lola
I have this itching under my foot and now the bubbles or blister like formation. To stop the itching which is essential I put boiling water onto a cloth or paper towel and put my foot on it especially the itchy bit
Try magnesium supplementation.
I think many have the same problem I have. I am pretty sure I have a big dust mite problem. All the authorities say that DM don't live on humans but I think they probably do. The question is why they seem to bother some people and others not? I got bit by a bunch of bird mites after encountering a raven nest on a cliff. The bites ichted so badly by the time they healed it seemed I became hyper sensitive. I began to notice that I was waking up at 4am and loosing sleep. Soon I statied to notice I woke up with something crawling on me. I was a poor house keeper and it took me a while to get the house clean. That was 6 months ago. Now I think i am starting to reduce their numbers but it is really tough. They tolerate much lower humidity than is talked about. I have had my place below 35 % humidity for months. Every time it rains they seen to love it. When I am away from home I sometimes seem to reduce the number I have on me but I am never free of them. I don't have resperatory allergies but I will get small hives sometimes.

I know there is something on me because if I stand in brite sunlight I can feel them move to the shady side of my head. Now in the cold if I go out without a hat they will crawl in my ears. If I start to sweat I can feel them get more active in my hair. Sometimes I will get a pin ***** sensation. I fell them moslty on my lower legs and my head. They are in my car and when it is warm and dry they will get on my face and crawl near my eyes. If I could get them off me I would be so happy. I am terrified of spreading them to friends or Familly. I am 55 male very healthy. i haven't had a cold in over a year.
ITS CALLED MORGELLONS DISEASE AND HARDLY NOBODY OR DOCTORS CAN UNDERSTAND OR DIAGONOSE IT!!! I SEE FIBERS AND GLITTER STUFF EVERYWHERE IT NOT FLEAS OR LICE OR TICKS. i SEE IT NOW EVEN IN STORES. IT MAKE U ICTH AT NIGHT OR HAVE CRWALIN SENSATIONS. OVER TIME IT GETS IN UR SYSTEM AND IT PRODUCES SORES, HEADACHES, TIREDNESS, BRAIN FOGS, MUSCLE ACHES, ETC, THERE IS NOTHING OR CURE FOR THIS. ITS NOT EVEN A BUG IT LIKE SOMETHING CALL GMO ITS CRAZZY. WE NEED TO GET THIS OUT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THE BIBLE WARNED US OF THIS PEOPLE JUST DONT KNOW
Look up Morgellons disease
TRY THIS TEST....BREATHE IN FROM YOUR NOSE, ONLY INHALES SLOWLY AND REAL HARD AND IMAGINE A BRIGHT LIGHT FROM UP ABOVE GOING IN AT THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD,  DO THIS SEVERAL TIMES UNTIL THE SENSATION SUBSIDES...I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU....

are you still experiencing this feeling?
This helped get rid of that "bug crawling" sensation i was fighting for nights straight. I rewashed all my clothes in fragrance free, dye free product (without my extra toss in of fragrance beads). Finally able to sleep :)
I rewashed all my clothes in fragrance free, dye free product (without my extra toss in of fragrance beads). This helped get rid of that "bug crawling" sensation i was fighting for nights straight. Finally able to sleep :)
Ok, so my itchy thing is on my scalp but it seems to be localized to one spot. But i swear it feels like a bug crawling there! I have had extremely dry skin, so I'm gonna try some moistrurizing shampoo and conditioner. I do not feel any bite there. But I do have an unusually low immune system. I just had a yeast infection in my mouth b/c im on a low dose of antibiotics for a year.  Any other suggestions would be great. I feel like I/'m going crazy. It's been going on for several days now.
I have been dealing with bug bites from bugs that are not visible to my naked eye. I feel I light crawling sensation and I will be very still and grab a piece of clear tape and try to get evidence for the MANY uneducated doctors who always assume I just love going into the Doctors office for 2-3 hoours flashing my multiple leisions in the public. These leisions are inflammed w/ edema some in the past had clear to yellow pus. It has taken some sores up to 6 months to heal. With a history of depression my family and friends and family doctors seem to think It is all in my head. I am being treated for depression NOT shcisophrena. I am aware that I am having the worst symptoms of any one in the whole family but unfortunately for the first time my daughter got a sore on her and it took me about two weeks to get it to heal w/creams but she has the awful scare in the place were the sore was. A scare in  a circular shape the same as mine. I worked in the ER and have noticed many patients complaining of the same signs and symptoms. but the reson I replied to your comment was because I was just talking to the Lord and was praying that he takes this from me and my family but I also made him well aware If it continues I will continue to walk with him and thank him for my turbulations because I am well aware of the education you can learn from these cercumstances and become more understanding of others in the same situation. But your spin on things was also a very realistic possibility because you cant see them and the doctors dont believe you..
1st i started getting rashes small bumps on my face a few months ago, washed my face a lot because i thought it was dirt and applied johnsons baby lotion that my mum got from america 3 years ago, they weren't itchy at 1st but a few weeks later began getting itchy so applied witch hazel, surgical spirit  that i found in the cupboard don't know how long they've been there for and a-derma spray my sis got from france when she had chicken pox there, then my skin on my forehead started getting flaky where the bumps where, then on the bus there was a man wearing a hat and underneath his hat it looked like something had eaten his skin as i could see blood and raw flesh, white patches on his head that looked like vertiligo as he was black i was scared if this was what was happening to me ): i also thought i saw flakes floating from him on me so i moved away. A few days i saw bumps where spreading from my neck to my chest, a few days before now i found bumps behind my ears and on my shoulders, i feel prickly itchy crawling feeling everywhere on my body even where there are no bumps!. i also ordered clothes from ebay that were from china and japan and tried them on without washing, could i have caught anything from them as i've never had allergies, now i feel then on my  eyelashes and soles of feet and palm which never had before, i still get the occasional flaking now between my fingers and palms mostly on my right, before the flaking moved from my forehead to bit of my cheeks. I itch mostly when i'm at home and in the 1st period of school after that i don't but when i get home it begins and never stops, i noticed i have more cracks on my nipples than before, my head itches the most and when i scratch i see white flakes or could they be dandruff though i'm not sure as before i had these simples i had dandruff but they were brown and white not just while like now. Also on my hair line white sticky out thin solid bits growing from my scalp. I'm really scared please tell me what is wrong with me. i went to the gp and he said the bumps may be an allergic reaction which i doubt! and the flaking could be a fungi infection and he gave me ketopine shampoo, which i think made the itching worse and moved the flaking away from my forehead to other parts of my body and face ! ):. Also sometimes when i peel the bumps while scratching white solids come out :/. Mum said it could be something i ate as sugar can dry the skin, i also began eating microwaveble food around the time it started could it have been the cause, im not sure as so many things could have caused it, it could even be me using the computer too much could it? :/.. Thanking you in advance!...imm soooooooooooooo itchy i wana cry...oh yeah there was some flaking on my lips and around my mouth and my lips seem drier than usual. Could it be bedbugs, mites, allergies, what could it be!...
I have changed my diet towards a vegetarian and have started feeling these awful sensations of my skin crawling.  I looked up about b12 vitamin deficiency.  Some sites list this as a symptom.  Worth looking into.  
I'm going to try adding eggs into my diet because they are said to be a good source of b12 for vegetarians.  The nice thing is...b12 vitamins are very inexpensive.
wow it is good to see I am not alone..for 5yrs I have had what most of you are describing, seems like mites, cant find them on me, feels like under the skin, icthing,odd little stingy bites, sores with clear yellow liquid, it happens worse at night as soon as I get into bed..its 3.00am and I am driven from my bed because my skin is crawling from head to foot...they seem to like the heat. if you run your finger across your brow you can feel little volcanoes..these things crawl up my nose , in my ears and mouth when I am snoring..
I thought I was crazy, its driving me crazy, doc's think I am dreaming it all up. I have searched my bed and body for signs. Nothing, except one day using a magnifying glass I picked the top off one of these clear yellow liquid sores that dry into a crust, and two white pin pick sized mites, fast moving, were around the sore..I put meths on it...thats the only sign I have seen until yesterday, and someone else here mentioned it..I got these little sores again and I did the same thing, and checked it out under light with a mag glass, and noticed a light, or sparkle, or light reflection, glow worm was shining back from the sore..I held my stance for several minutes to see if it moved, and sure enough the  thing turned side on and moved off thru the crusty scab, as if feeding on it..I have sent it away to the lab to get tested..
I gave up showering, thinking I would fight dirt with dirt, get away from soaps and things, but still got the feeling..I only eat once a day, meat and vege, nothing else...No, these things are real, feels like ants crawling over you and thru your hair..I think they have a life cycle, perhaps from a mite to a worm, and I think they use hair folicules as entry to under the skin..yes my legs swell up and down at times, which is not like me at all...I used ant killer on band aids( didnt think of flea collars) but I got some much needed sleep for the first time in years..I ant killered my bed , carpet, couch...I have tried every know lotion, spray, chemical, cream, and these things still get going. I will try eating calic to drive them out..my mother has them too, so I think they live in the carpet...if I get a good reply re the lab test, I will let you know...but now I have seen these minute sliver worms, I have something to go on..good luck
I have been experiencing this for the past 4 years. the feeling of small nites or something crawling it happens about this time evry year. its not just me about 10 other people from work it happens to them, we have gotten use to it. its like some migrating mites or something that come around once a year. i put a little bleach in my bath water it helps. dont scratch you make sores. But this has been happening then they go away, at first no one said anything, then once somone spoke up others did. Really bizare, but try a little bleach in the tub,
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/cheyletiellosis-in-dogs-walking-dandruff-mite/page1.aspx

this is a link to what I think you have. I have similiar symptoms with out the dandrfuff problem I can not see the bugs that are crawling on me. I came across this post when I was researching and it sounds like the same symptoms. Not sure if this will help but maybe it will let you know what you re fighting against. Good luck
I had the same problem for years, till I saw a doc and the answer was difficiency in vitamin B. try it, it will not harm you any way, take extra dosage of Vitamin B complex.
It is most likely an infected tooth. Go see your dentist.
Firstly, I would like to thank you very much for your post. It is very similar to the one that I wanted to post in order to hopefully help someone. I like the fact that you actually listed things to do that I can confirm actually work (menthol, powder, etc.).

I too have been suffering for a while with this problem (years). I will not bore you with another post with like symptoms that you all have shared. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I too am a Christian and God answers all of my prayers. I am certain that my prayer to rid me of this problem is being answered. Obviously in His time and not mine. Thank God I know Jesus or I'd be crazy for certain by now.

I'd like to ask everyone a question:  Don't you think it's strange that every patient who visits a doctor is labeled crazy and the doctors think that you're making this up, delusional, psychotic, or dismiss the issue. Do they think we can't tell the difference between something actually crawling on us, from in us to crawling period from dreaming about it. I don't know about you but I find the fact that they are insulting my intelligence equally annoying as them not willing to believe that I possess such a problem.

I am writing to strongly suggest that we stop only listing our symptoms and begin to start sharing with each other what it is we did around the time that this problem entered our lives. I'd like to begin with when my problem began, guess what? I was working with a bunch of doctors, residents, nurses, etc. like one of the earlier posts that I read. I think that this is the only way that we are going to solve our own problem because no doctor is going to do this at this point in time. They are obviously covering up something and I need to be free of these parasites, mites, bug from hell that has caused me so much heartache and money. Also during this time, I ate salmon sashimi (raw salmon) and shrimp tempura sushi for one week, I had some "Taylor" Port (dessert wine) and did a great deal of walking. I wore some shoes that I hadn't worn in years with no pantyhose; direct contact foot and shoe, but the thing that may have really did it was I went to the very end of the subway station (outside in Bklyn) and was attacked by invisible bugs of some sort. I kept knocking them off of me. Even when I got on the train, I was still knocking them off of my face and body because I could feel them all over me. However, they did not bite. A few days later I sat outside for lunch and sat next to some foliage and felt these same type of invisible bugs attack me and moved immediately. I think that possibly they could have followed me home. However, it took one year from that time for my bedroom to really get infested. I cut on the fan and it felt like one million were flying all around the room. The only other thing that I did during the time that I felt the heavy infestation was to order furniture (two end tables) from Overstock.com:  one from Pakistan and one from Ghana but both probably came from a warehouse over here somewhere. A year prior to experiencing any of this, I had some weird type of nasal issue where I was smelling cigarette smoke all of the time. This came shortly after purchasing a portable air conditioner. This went on for months. Don't know if it has anything to do with anything but I thought I should mention this. There were other symptoms that came along with the nasal issue but I really don't think it was related. I personally think that we all caught this from a hospital or doctor's office which would explain exactly why it is becoming so widespread as well as the lack of caring from the medical community. Another very important thing that happened to me during the time of working with the physicians is that I dropped a cast iron meat press on my ankle and my ankle blew up (swollen) for about a couple of months. It has never been the same since. Ever since this time I have gotten something called edema every summer. Now my ankles stay swollen all of the time.

Something that I have recently discovered that helps you sleep that you may enjoy and it is natural is Clementines. Yes, clementines. When you are at the computer it will help to eat a clementine, cuties, mandarin orange and leave the peeling right in front of you on the desk. It will also help to purchase a blow dryer and place it somewhere where it blows directly on you. This will bring you tremendous relief. When it is time for bed, eat another clementine, rub some of the peeling on your body, in your bed and place about three little pieces at the head of the bed, in the middle, and at the end, on the floor (not in the bed). Also, you can use baby powder in the bed (sprinkled) and rubbed into the sheets and the pillow. Be careful though, because you should not get this stuff too close to your eyes or nose. I hope that this post helps someone and also begins us all talking about what we did around the time of getting this dreadful thing. And yes, it has been years and I have some relief but the problem still remains. I have spent $600 on Cedarcide Oil and the first time I Ramboed the room, I was so happy. I thought God had answered my prayers. This was short-lived. What I believe is the problem is a mite or parasite of some sort. When I am in the shower taking a somewhat hot shower, it feels like they are having a party in my buttocks and that I'm oozing them out of me. Oh, I wipe with baby powder before going to bed in the buttocks. This will stop that dreadful feeling of them back there while you're trying to sleep. One more thing, if any of you have developed uncontrollable flatulence, you have more than likely developed a bacterial infection from these things. Tell the doctor to test for this and get some clyndamycin (sp?). God bless us all.
I've been having a crawling sensation between my shoulder blades. When I lie down I can feel this weird feeling. It's about the size of my hand and it feels like it moves?
it may be cause by allergens on your new apartment, perhabs the paint from your ceiling is peeling and setting on your scalp when you are sleeping. Look at google and you will see that you are not going crazy bc I had the same problem and I thought I was going crazy feeling this bugs on my head until I read articles about skin reactions to allergens
Take a nice warm shower before you go to sleep then get a rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab then start scrubbing your whole body. There a still lots of dirt left on your skin even after you take a shower and if ever there are bugs under your skin it will react to it causing the bug to die. Trust me, i had the itch before!
Did you think of head lice?
I too feel like I have crawlies on my shoulder blades and sometimes in my arm pits. I've been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis nearly 15 years and these crawlies are one of my latest compications and are actually phantom crawlies which are related to the phantom pains that amputees experience. They drive me crazy when I try to sleep (it feels like ants walking and sometimes biting). I take pain meds before sleep and they seem to knock the edge off when they kick in. Lately its been worse so I'm heading back in for a med adjustment. Meds are last resort and I would try out the chiropractor dudes idea and visit opne of them. I also gopt relief from an acupuncturist a couple years back but he got too expensive. I doubt u got bugs, lol, tats pretty rare. Good luck and peace to u.
I haven't looked at your pics yet.. but I've been reading about Morgellon disease caused by chemtrail spraying.  Nanno Technology.  I have heard others talk about your symptoms.  I will try to start a Facebook page so we can compare.  I have these on the top of my head along with 300 others under neurology.
I have stuff going on..as well...research " Morgellons Disease"  Nano Technology may be dropping on us from Chemtrails...Lmac42
My boyfriend died from a motorcycle accident.  I feel like he is going in my body thru my ears.  It is hurting my ears, my chest and feels sensation crawling inside me.  I know I'm not hallucinating.  One night, I put my a hoodie on to cover my head.  As soon as I closed my eyes, I felt like my hoodie is lifting as if he is looking if I'm awake.  
i have been having these symptoms for about two weeks now.  Thankfully we have bupa which means i got to see the very top dermatologist very quickly.  so yesterday i saw my dermatologist yesterday and told her my symptoms(itchy all over the body including scalp,soles, and crawling sensation on my skin all over my body).  it was horrible. Dermatologist prescribed Fexofenadine for me, took one yesterday already i was feeling much better with the itchiness and crawling sensation. if any of you have any questions you can email me at ***@****
i know what is like
you are totally right, for over 4 months i have had this, i have tried so many things, i now take a parasite cleanse, alfalfa,  ( it calms and drives out the black sliver form) thor's hammer, to keep your ph up so you don't get  diarrhea, greentea cap detox, teasel root tinture, seems to draw it out of my joints, st. john's wort tinture to help rebuild nerves, cranberry to keep pain from my kidneys, oregeno oil for  digestion and antibac/antifun, garlic pill, mega silver colliodal, also shower with, lice freee everyday (spelled correctly)  5 to 7 days aweek, teatree oil externally to open areas daily, somedays i feel like i'm dying,then i feel like i'm getting better,i pray to god, it's in his hands and i just need to be a strong person and help when i can, also, wormwood (in parastite cleanse)can cause problems if taken too long.
Technocalyps trans humanism,it is on you tube
Its not morgellons. there are bugs. they fly and we are the host. you can see   it in the air floating like a fuzz. very contagious. I mix some sulfur ,olive oil and ammonia. I could see bugs come out from my skin and very hard to kill. I live in las vegas and half of the city is suffering from this. we need help.
hi.
i have the same feeling of spiders crawling on my face..3 months now.
don't know what to do !!!
have you gotten rid of yours...!!!!
Happy to see your post. You are so right.
  the answer to your problem could be   Formication.   Just google the word Formication and read about it.    Print the info and take to a physician.  She can prescribe something for you ...  The problem could be caused by damage to some nerves in your body.

This may be very helpful to you .. it was for me.   Good luck.  Caphino
  Crawling sensation could be   Formication.   Google the word  Formication and read about it.      Sensation may be due to nerves that have been damaged.        print the info and take to physician.  She will prescribe something for you ..  start off w/low dose and gradually  .. if needed increase the milligrams.       You should learn a lot by reading about  Formication.        

Hope this helps.          
I DON'T BELIEVE IT IS SOAP/DETERGENTS.
IT COULD BE CAUSED BY DAMAGED NERVES.   JUST GOOGLE THE WORD       FORMICATION.          YOU'LL LEARN A LOT AND SO WILL YOUR PHYSICIAN .. JUST PRINT THE INFO AN TAKE TO DOCTOR .. ASK HER TO PRESCRIBE A LOW DOSE...  INCREASE DOSE IF YOU NEED TO.    100 MG   GABAPENTIN SHOULD DO IT.

GOOD LUCK.      THIS IS WORTH A TRY.  
NO MATTER WHERE YOU SLEEP .. HOME, MOTEL, HOTEL, AT MOM'S OR BROTHER'S HOUSE .......... THE CRAWLING SENSATION GOES WITH YOU BECAUSE IT'S ON THE INSIDE .. IT MAY BE NERVES IN YOUR BODY THAT ARE DAMAGED.
GOOGLE THE WORD     FORMICATION AND READ ABOUT IT.
IF THIS APPLIES TO YOU, PRINT THE INFO AND TAKE TO PHYSICIAN.
ASK DOC FOR PRESCRIPTION.  
THERE IS RELIEF.         GOOD LUCK.   CAPHINO
I have found that spraying my bed with a solution of 1/2 water and 1/2 fabric softener about an hour before bed (so it's dry) stops a lot of the itching, crawling sensation.  I am also trying a Chinese detox tea as I believe this "thing" Morgellons has infiltrated my entire body.  I take Probiotics and diatomaceous earth (1 t. in 8 oz. of water).   I don't know if it's electrical or not, but mites hate fabric softener.  Sometimes I take a couple of fabric softener sheets to bed with me - rub it all over your sheets before you crawl in.  If you have sores or lesions, use Arnica De La Cruz cream or ointment from Walgreens.  It will dry them up and they won't itch so much anymore.

To kill dust mites, strip your bed and place fabric softener sheets all over your mattress and leave them in place for about 2 hours.  When time is up, remove the sheets and vacuum your mattress. You would think that because you used fabric softener sheets it would smell so sweet.  
But it will stink!! Dead mites smell to high heaven!!!   Then make your bed with clean fresh sheets.

During the day, use a fresh fabric softener sheet and rub your head with it and place the sheet in your pocket, under your cap or in your shirt or blouse.  The gnats, flies, and bugs will leave you alone.

If you have spiders, Fill a squirt bottle 2/3 full of white vinegar.  Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and hot water to emulsify it.  Squirt this mixture in every corner of your ceiling and around your windows.  Spiders hate it!  No more spider webs.

I have been fighting these critters for 7 years and am finally winning the war!
It is possible that this is associated with Herpes or Scabies.  Even if you get tested a normal doctor will only test to see if you are "active" in the herpes virus.  Ask the Doctor to do both an IgG and IgM test.  This will test to see if you have the antibodies and actually have the virus.  Crawling skin and burning sensations can be assocated with Herpes both 1 & 2.  The IGg and IGm tests can determine which type you might have.  The Only true reliable test is called the Western Blot and can determine between the two and has the most accuracy.
I recently suffered from 'crawly skin' for weeks.  My symptoms were worse at night, especially in bed and sometimes woke me around 3 or 4 a.m.  It felt like a tiny bug had landed on my skin (usually arms, neck, chest or face) and crawled 3 or 4 inches before disappearing and then starting again in another area.  I had no spots, bites or other marks on my skin.

I was concerned it may be bed bugs, dust mites, scabies and anything and everything I have read on this site.  Whilst my home is probably cleaner than most, and my personal hygiene too, I checked for all of the above and couldn't find anything.  I changed diet, took vitamin B supplements, changed washing detergents and conditioners, started using Johnson's baby shampoo, shower gel, etc.  I even bought a steam machine and steamed the whole bedroom, sprayed it with dog flea spray, fly spray, covered myself in tea-tree oil - nothing worked.

I had visited my GP with the same problem a couple of years ago, and was not offered any support, but, after reading the post on 'formication' and being a middle aged female, tried the GP again as was beginning to think I was going mad.  This time my new GP sent me for blood tests. Whilst no hormone problems, I was found to be low on Folic Acid and was prescribed Folic Acid tablets for a month.  Reading up on symptoms for this diagnosis, it does mention 'itchy, crawly skin'.  I have been taking the tablets for almost a month.  For the first week or two there was no change, but gradually symptoms reduced and I am now 'crawly skin' free!  

As hard as it was to believe this could be anything other than some invisible or extremely quick bug crawling on my skin when suffering these awful symptoms, I do now believe that in my case, it has been due to low Folic Acid, which has affected nerve endings on the skin.

Thankfully, I now have an excellent GP who took this seriously and I think has found the answer for me.  It has been a nightmare.  I would urge you all to ask your GP to undertake blood tests.

Good luck. I hope this helps at least some of you with this distressing symptom.
Thank you for your input.  I will try the folic acid as well.  We are all so desperate for relief from this plague.
I am a very spiritual person and have accepted the ransom sacrifice of Jesus our Lord and Savior - and i still have this problem... It is not caused by sin or by
Satan.  This is a real dis-ease.
thank you for this!
Thank you to everyone who posted on this!! Good to know I'm not crazy!!
So has anyone been able to get rid of this feeling!? My left shoulder blade is driving me crazy... I don't have health insurance and don't know what to do.
   I use Gold Bond anti-itch on my shoulders - it stops the itch/crawling bug sensation long enough to get to sleep.
I have lots of what appears to be Morgellons symptoms...and early on alot of the itching/crawling was near my shoulderblades.  Sometimes not all the Morgellons symptoms are present initially.  But one of the things that has helped me most, at least while in bed, is covering the mattress with a cheap vinyl zippered cover from Target, and wiping it down with vinegar whenever I change the sheets.  (Change them as often as you can.)  Anybody with a rash or sores and stuff coming out or off of your body, in addition to the itching/crawling/biting, look into Morgellons.
I have the same sensation but mine near lower right rib cage.I have a little fat on my stomach whenever I seat straight up nothing happen but when I incline
my skin kind of fold up and I will have that crawling sensation.
I KNOW THE FEELING IT DRIVES YOU INSANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
   Try some Gold Bond anti-itch lotion or ointment.  it stops the crawling bug sensation long enough to go to sleep.  If you only get it when you lie down - great...
    I itch on and off all day long. :-(    Gold Bond helps me get to sleep after I apply it a couple of times on the itching area.
my husband has been dealing with the skin crawling sensations for several years now. the symptom will occur and then disappear.  every doctor has told him he he some type of allergy or its all in his head. what should we do?
     If you have read the posted comments above, you will see that he is not alone.  We are all trying to rid ourselves of this crawling sensation and the itches that sometimes go along with it.
      I am still taking silver and diatomaceous earth - some days it works better than others... depends on what I eat.  The "bugs" like bread, pasta and sugar.  I had pizza yesterday and they are biting pretty bad tonight.
     Most of us are trying lots of home remedies as the doctors (not all of them) seem to think it's all in our heads.  (parasitosis or psychosis).   Wish some doctor would discover something to help us.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.