Sensory Overload
I have visual & auditory sensitivity that when I hear high pitched sounds, it makes my right shoulder jerk or my body shakes for several minutes & when I hear a sudden loud sound, I fall down. Extreme visual stimuli, such as fireworks or flashing lights make my right shoulder jerk. I also have balance issues whereby I cannot be on a floating dock or boat without shaking & if I use an escalator or people mover, I have to keep walking on them or I shake. I can keep all of this from happening if I tilt my head to the right & sometimes even if I just close just my right eye. I also have a place at the base of the right side of my skull that when it is massaged, it will make my right shoulder jerk. My ANA level is high, Sjogren's is a possibility, & my neuro thinks I have some type of Multiple Connective Tissue Disorder. Could it be something that has affected a nerve in my neck? I have just noticed that if I stand with my feet together & my eyes closed, I start to shake but if I do it with my head tilted to the right, it doesn't happen. I think my warranty is up!
Just for the sake of being thorough, you might ask for tests for Lyme Disease.  It can mimic many other diseases and disorders.  It particularly infects nerves and connective tissue.  Many people test false negative. A Lyme Literate MD could help you figure out if you have it or not.
Thank you for your reply! I have been tested for Lyme Disease; negative. I saw my neuro on Monday & now cannot walk heal to toe in a straight line & have been waking sometimes with a completely dead arm or hand; I can't even move it till I can finally shake it awake. I'm not laying on them funny, they are on my stomach. The Dr. tapped on the inside of my right wrist & my whole body shook; it did not happen with the left. He has ordered some nerve testing on my arms & an MRI of my cervical spine. Whatever I have is mostly unilateral on my right.
A related discussion, central nervous system sensory issue was started.