Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sever Stomach pain I give up!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Sever Stomach pain I give up!

I've been dealing with this for years now I am close to my wits end really....It starts with severe abdominal cramping and gurgling and might I add the pain is unbelievable.I have had 3 children the biggest was 10 and a half lbs and I'd take that pain of birthing this kid over and over rather than deal with this pain I am experiencing these days.Anyway,after going through the sweats and abdominal pain nausea and heart palpitations I get diarrhea that is bright yellow and very loose almost pure liquid.Sometimes it relieves  my symptoms some days it drags out all day and sometimes for more than one day.It seriously wipes me out I turn ghost white and I am afraid to eat anything ever again.I have changed my diet and read up on all IBS triggers and it basically says EVERYTHING is a trigger.I have done the fiber things and really have tried gluten free diets nothing works!I have no health insurance so going to specialist is not an option for me.Im really starting to believe theres no hope and I am destined to be in pain for the rest of my life.So its either starve to death or take a bottle of pills and end my suffering.I have also read a lot of other peoples stories and it seems like there is just no hope.They have gone to doctor after doctor and have had several tests done and they still have the same outcome.It just seems hopeless and I dont want to live life if this is the way it is going to be.I think I have truly given up.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You could be suffering from an inflammatory bowel condition such as Celiac Disease/Ulcerative Colitis/Irritable Bowel Syndrome/ Crohn’s disease. Parasites in the gut like threadworm, tape worm, giardiasis etc can behave this way. Hence a stool test is a must. Problems of gall bladder and liver or that of pancreas too cannot be ignored. Possibility of H pylori infection should be looked into by carbon urea breath test.
A number of times a gastroenterologist is able to diagnose these conditions by clinical examination and detailed medical history. At other times a few tests are conducted. Blood tests to rule out anemia, stool test to look for white blood cells, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy etc are used to diagnose ulcerative colitis. Braium meal and follow through, endoscopy etc are done to rule out GERD, Crohn’s disease etc. Irritable bowel syndrome is diagnosed by elimination of other causes. Gluten is a complex protein present in four main grains---wheat, rye, barley and oats. If you have gluten intolerance, then you probably have celiac disease or Non Celiac gluten sensitivity. There are blood tests called celiac test to detect gluten intolerance.
Crohn’s disease is a difficult entity to diagnose. Along with gut symptoms skin disorders and arthritis too are commonly seen with Crohn’s. An upper GI series using barium dye is done to see the condition of small intestines. The degree of involvement of the large and small intestine may vary from person to person.  A biopsy is the most confirmatory. An elevated ESR, low protein, minerals and iron in blood are the other findings in Crohn’s which may or may not be present. A recent advancement in Crohn’s diagnosis is video capsule endoscopy.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!