Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sever pain during period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Sever pain during period

On the start of my periods I get an intense pain in my abdominal it starts right away and it sometimes gets me feeling faint (i've fainted because of this before) sometimes i get hot flashes and i always get diarrhea taking advil and ibuprofen don't make it go away until about 20 minutes after I take it , sometimes longer. I'm 17 and i've never had sex.
are you on birth control
You dont have to have sex to have pain.  You are speaking to someone who cramped before, during and after menses.  I found out later on in life that I had cysts on my ovaries that caused the "doubling over" pain that I was experiencing.  Im not sure if you are on birth control pills but sometimes these can  help with the intensity of the period.  You dont have to be sexually active to be on birth control pills.  Also you make speak to your doctor about a mild pain reliever for this time of month and have your blood levels checked for anemia to make sure that the fainting is due to pain and not due to low iron levels.  Hope this helps, good luck hun.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you have is dysmenorrhea. Severe pain before periods or during that time can be due to ovarian cysts, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, adenomyosis and fibroids. There are two kinds of cramping. Spasmodic cramping is caused by chemicals called prostaglandins. Generally your gynecologist will prescribe either contraceptive pills or some other tablets to overcome these symptoms. Congestive cramping causes the body to retain fluids and salt. For relief start avoiding wheat and dairy products, alcohol, caffeine, and refined sugar a day or two before the periods are due to begin.
Hence it is important to get an appointment with a gynecologist to check this out.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!