Severe Itching
My itching started about 5 years ago. I would walk to school during the winter and the longer I walked and the more my body got heated up I would start itching uncontrollably all over my body including my face. Then there would be little bumps over me that I guess are hives. This happens every winter in to the beginning of Spring. I can't workout because I can't get hot thats when I start itching and my skin gets flushed red. I also do not sweat and I even get the itching in my sleep when I dream about something strenous. It also happens when I get emotionally stressed, suprised, or angry. I can't get emotional without the itching affecting me. I went to the doctor and she told me to take over the counter Zyrtec because she thinks I might be allergic to the winter because of the point that I can't step into warm buildings without myself itching because of coming outside from the cold. The Zyrtec is not working and I need a solution to my problem because I can't even hold a job during the winter because of the itching problem. I haven't worked all winter and now its spring and the itching still isn't gone. I am 6'1" 185 pound black male. If someone has any kind of solutions that would be helpful to me I would be most grateful.

The obvious first stop would be a dermatologist, and I'm surprised your doctor hasn't referred you.  There can be a psychological element to constant itching, and there are drugs which are useful.  I don't know which country you are in so I won't give a brand name, but there is a drug called hydroxyzine, which is an antihistamine and a sedative.  It is used to treat itching caused by many things including anxiety.  Ask your doctor if you are suitable for this treatment, and if so get it prescribed.  Then make sure you see a dermatologist.  There may be some really helpful diagnoses they can make.  You may also wish to practice meditation or ask about biofeedback or hypnosis practitioners.  Itching is a nervous system response, and you can do a lot to control these responses with your mind.  Not the easiest or quickest route, get the drugs first maybe, but long term you may find you can simply think the itch away.  Five years is enough, get back to your doctor this week.