Severe Leg Pain and Burning
Hi, I am using this forum to get some advice on where to go next. So here is what has been going on: I have severe leg pain on both legs, with the right leg the worst of the two. The pain is about 9 to 10 and off the chart with a duration of 4- 36 hours. Occurs sporadically and stretches from the top of the hip, covering the thigh and goes all the way down to the ankle. I have had brain MRI/MRA, C Spine, L Spine and T Spine MRIs - all normal, except for a small bulge in the C spine that is NOT compressing. My EMG and NCV was normal - the testing only covered foot from ankle and below. Had a Pelvic CAT Scan as well - normal. No injury, no swelling.  I take Vicodin and muscle relaxers, but nothing can take the edge off. I basically have to push through it.

I have been to numerous doctors including nuerology, orhtopedic, internal medicine, podiatry. I also have numbness and tingling in hands/feet, migraines and chronic fatigue.  My right leg is significantly more hyperreflexive than my left. The situation is getting worse and I keep getting the deer in the headlight look from doctors and keep getting told it will go away or no one knows what is going on. I need a diagnosis to get treated or at least find someone or a specialty that can help figure out what is going on for sure. Any advice would be useful. Any ideas what can cause this?
try a chiroprator
I have had this type of problem with my legs also. If you have any lower lumbar problems, such as bulging disc, it could cause the problems you are having with your legs. My doctor says i have a Syatic nerve problem caused by my disc compressing. I take Gabapentin 300mg for nerve pain and tramadol for just the pain. It helps but surgery might work to resolve this but not guaranteed. I hope this helps.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The various causes of leg pain are atherosclerosis, deep vein thrombosis - leg pain on walking (A blood clot in a deep vein), Leriche syndrome (block in abdominal aorta and/or main leg artery), limb ischaemia (low oxygen to limbs), sciatica, spondylitis of lower vertebrae and peripheral vascular disease (arteries of limbs are involved). Get a dopplar test if nerve causes are ruled out.
I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Test for Lyme’s and peripheral neuropthies of diabetes and hypothyroidism. Take care!