Severe Leg Pain hair loss
My 5 yr old daughter has severe leg pain in her shins, its chronic, comes rendomly, but so severe she'll collapse and scream for 45 min. She was tested for lukemia, came back negative, recently she had a patch of hair missing on the left side of her head and random vomiting 24 hours prior. She eats the same and has normal activity. The leg pain has been going on for a year, growin pains have been ruled out by her doctor. Im at the end of my rope with this, its stressful, and now with the new systoms, scary. The hair loss matches Alopecia, but why the leg pain? Its chronic, normally happens around 4pm and on. NOTHING helps it. Shes moody beyond controll. I need answers, Once again shes going to another doctor this week.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since, the pain comes in the later half of day, dehydration, electrolyte imbalance (sodium, potassium, calcium), accumulation of lactic acid, and pinched nerve at the lower spine will have to be ruled out. Since she is so small, a congenital deformity of the spine should be looked into if it is due to pinched nerves. If it is just lactic acid accumulation, then hot massage will have to be done twice a day.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!