Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Severe Neck Pain 4+ Years (19 Year Old Female)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hi Guys,

PLEASE HELP! I have been suffering for more than 4 years with really bad neck pain. If I have 2 days a week when Im not in pain, that is a very good week. The pain is right at the top of my neck (base of skull) and it is on both sides (not in the centre, its either the right side or the left side).

I have had Blood Tests, MRI's, X-ray and have seen god knows how many health professionals, and nobody knows what it is! I did have a growth spurt just before I got the pain, so I think this has something to do with it.

Also, my lower back/hips/groin is really tight. I dont really get much pain from it, just the tightness.

If anyone could post about this, it would be much appreciated. if you need anymore info, please ask!
Forgot to add, I have Psoriasis on my scalp!
As you have had all sorts of tests done and nothing found, it may be as a result of tense and tight muscles.  Wear a scarf around your neck to keep it warm, as neuralgia and being caught or sitting in a draught can also cause neck problems.

I presume that you did not have any whiplash injuries?

As you are in the UK ask your doctor to refer you to physiotherapy, for your neck and your lower back, hip and groin area.  That could be due to arthritis.

If you can also get some one to massage your neck and shoulder area would also help to relieve the tight muscles.

If you work at a computer, make sure you are getting adequate rest breaks and try and limit your time at the computer.  Because that too can cause neck problems.  
This all seems due to the sore and stiff muscles, which never comes in a test but our physicians are more dependent on the diagnostic tools rather in examining and finding the right causes for the problems. What I know about this might be the dryness of the body which is bringing all these unwanted changes in you.
As per my knowledge of Ayurveda this is all about your Vata body type and related things. Google it and certainly you will find some genuine answers for this.