Severe Pain in legs, arms and hips.
For the last 5 days now I have been in so much pain.  I was at work when just out the blue turning my head to the right started hurting, as if I had hit a nerve, then shortly after, my legs especially the back of my knees and thighs felt like I had done a 5 hr workout without warmed up, I could just about walk, getting down the stairs was slow and agonising then when I thought it couldnt get any worse this pain spread to my arms and hips.  If I go to grip something or go to pick my son up my arms are in agony, they tighten and its really painful and unbearable.  Im taking paracetamol to numb out the agonising pain.  Today my tongue is sore and feels like its been sliced and my throat is dry.  Are these symptons of the flu as Ive had flu before but those aches were nothing like these muscle aches.  My arms feel as if they are bruised all over.

Please help put my mind at ease as Im starting to worry.

How are you?
Your symptoms can be due to fibromyalgia. It is a non progressive disorder which is characterized by chronic wide spread pain. Needle like tingling of skin, muscle aches, weakness and nerve pain.
Please consult your family doctor and discuss this possibility. The exact diagnosis can be made only after a clinical examination and tests like MRI and CT scan.
Take care!

Going by your symptoms three possibilities are coming to my mind.

Firstly, it can be due to polymyalgia rheumatica.It is an inflammatory disorder that causes widespread muscle aching and stiffness, primarily in your neck, shoulders, upper arms, thighs and hips. It literally appears overnight, but the cause may be a problem with the immune system, perhaps involving both genetic and environmental factors. It can be diagnosed by ESR blood, platelet count and Rheumatoid factor(to rule out Rheumatoid arthritis)

Secondly, it can be due to multiple sclerosis. It is is an autoimmune condition in which the immune system attacks the central nervous system (CNS), leading to demyelination.Diagnosed by MRI and MRS brain.

The third but less likely possibility is of herniated or bulging lower lumbar intervertebral disc causing sciatica. The primary treatment of sciatica is rest to allow inflammation of the nerve to subside. You can also use OTC painkillers to relieve pain.

I strongly feel that you should consult your doctor and get yourself thoroughly investigated to find out the confirmatory diagnosis as treatment will depend on the same.

Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sorry havent replied sooner, it seemed to just dissapear over the next couple of days.  It was really strange, although last week I thought it was returning, it was as if they were going into spasm.  I do a lot of typing so maybe that has something to do with it.