Severe Stomach Pain
I have posted something on this problem a few months back. I have been getting abdominal pain for over a year now that have gradually gotten worse. At first it seemed that by about lunch everyday, just after breakfast and morning tea, I would feel pain in my lower abdomen, like cramping and painful bloating. It got to the stage where I was passing mucus and spots of blood with my bowl movements, and the bloating was so bad it hurt to sit; lying flat of my back is the most comfortable position. A flexible sigmoidoscopy showed nothing, but blood tests showed originally neutropenia, and now slight monocytosis. I also get really bad period cramps and a few weeks ago, when I had both the stomach pain and cramps, I was woken up at 2am in unbelievable pain, which I couldn’t distinguish whether it was cramps or the stomach pain. It didn’t go away very quickly either and pain killers didn’t work. Now I’m at the stage where every time I eat, my stomach gurgles and churns really loudly, then I get the pains. I also have the feeling like I want to burb and throw up at the same time. I sometimes get (what feels like) hot flushes when its really bad. I don’t see the gastroenterologist for another 2 months, and Im going to try a naturopath. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?
Have you had your thyroid checked. Your colitis symptoms could be from a bunch of things, start keeping a food diary and a symptom diary. Also get a complete work up from your internist and gynecologist, and endocrinology. Make sure they check your thyroid antibodies as well as your TSH, T4, T3,reverse T3 and your thyroglobulin
Could it be your gallbladder?
I had a similiar situation and my doctor told me I had IBS. Not satisfied I went to a naturalpathic doctor and I found a massage therapist that has massaged my intestines while I lie on my back and he also told me to drink organic fiber every morning and take proboitic caps which are OTC drugs you can get anywhere. I also watch what I eat, eat smaller portions and more meals and exercise, just walking but I do that everyday. I finally can eat and keepo things in my stomach and have normal bowel movements and no more sever abdominal pains. Massage theraly for the intestines is amazing!! The massage therapist explained ot me that your stomach is a muscle and it is irritated and tight, when you eat it cannot pass it properly as it is almost closed. When a muscle is tight you massgae it and relax it and it opens up and with the help of the fiber keeping it open, it worked miracles.Try this and good luck!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you have stomach pain, gas and hot flashes, then there are two things that you must rule out. One is H pylori infection and the other is polycystic ovary. Other than that it could be due to an inflammatory bowel condition such as Celiac Disease/Ulcerative Colitis/Irritable Bowel Syndrome/ Crohn’s disease.
Keep a stress diary if you will be seeing the gastroenterologist in 2 months. Clock in what you eat and when the symptoms appear and see if there is any correlation to a particular diet. Consult you gynecologist meanwhile. Take care!