Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Severe Umbilical Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Severe Umbilical Pain

I'm 18 years old. I have this severe umbilical pain, and no one knows what it is. I have been to my OBGYN, and I've been to a gastroinologist.
It started when I was about 10 years old, and has continued ever since. I cannot stand up straight, turn, or do anything that jolts me without a..an almost pulling pain. Just in the center of my naval. I have been able to, over the past few months, almost pinpoint the time it happens. Usually, it will occur up to two after my period, but I've had it happen during, just before, just after, etc....it does not go away in a few hours. I have to actually go to sleep for it to go away, and sometimes, not even then.
If anyone has ANY clue as to what this is, please, suggest them. I'm desperate to know.
1 Comment
I assume since you've been to the dr. they checked this out, but do you think it could be an umbilical hernia?  I have one and when I was pregnant with my first child, she "kicked" it out and I thought I was going to die from the pain.  Up until that point, I didn't even know I had it, but they said it had been there since birth.  I'm getting ready to have mine surgically repaired, because after 3 kids, it's really gotten worse!!

Hope you feel better and get answers soon!