Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Severe chest, back, throat, and abdominal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I am a 32 yr. old female with MS. In addition to all of the other painful, debilitating, and annoying symptoms associated with the MS, I have bouts of severe chest and back pain. The pain begins in the center of my chest and goes straight through to my back, as if someone has stabbed me. Usually this pain is also accompanied by a pain that shoots up the right  side of my throat (not a burning pain in my throat, but more like a painful shooting pain). The pain can last anywhere from several minutes to many hours (worst bout lasted about 10 hours and just kept getting worse as time went on). I do also have some abdominal pain directly in the center of upper abdomen. I have had an ultrasound of gallbladder, which showed no stones. I was taking prevacid for 4 weeks but insurance ran out and it is too costly as self-pay. Are these typical symptoms of GERD and could this be related to the MS? The pain has caused 3 ER visits (results normal). Pharmacist has told me that the closest over-the-counter medication related to prevacid is prilosec. Will this work the same? Thanks for any help. Insurance is still out right now and the dr. bills that I have from the MS have just added up way too much. I cannot afford another dr. visit at this time.
1 Comment
It sounds like what you're describing is soft tissue injuries around T spine and L2/L3, which can become worse over time. Given the severity of your pain and the functional limitations it's now placing on you, it probably is time to consult with a reputable doc. or try chiropractor's adjustment.Good luck!