Severe cough, feel like Ive cracked a rib
Help does anyone know any quick cures for severe cough.   I lost my voice 2 and a half weeks ago and then in the last week my voice has returned albeit husky Ive developed a nasty cough, its so bad Im in agony and coughing so much Im getting sick.  It hurts so much I feel like crying I have to grab hold of something for support. I now feel like Ive cracked a rib on my rightside under my breast bone.  Ive tried everything, from cough medicines, lemsips, even hot toddys.  I havent slept for 3 nights, its keeping me and my partner awake, I have to sit up in bed.  
Help any ideas what to do? I cant see a doctor till tomorrow and that only if they have a free appointment.  I dont know how much more I can take of this.  Help its driving me mad!

It sounds like acute laryngitis with lower respiratory tract infection(acute bronchitis). Bronchitis is an inflammation of the large bronchi (medium-sized airways) in the lungsAcute bronchitis is usually caused by viruses or bacteria and may last several days or weeks.

You need steam inhalation,sucking of cough lozenges and a course of antibiotics. In most cases, acute bronchitis is caused by viruses, not bacteria, and will go away on its own but generally antibiotics are given as a precautionary measure to prevent secondary infection.Pls consult a physician for that.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.