Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Severe genital itch with no answers
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe genital itch with no answers

I am a 61 year old white female who has suffered with this problem first when I was turning 40 and then again when I was turning 60. It is a sever itch in my genital area. The bout I had at age 40 turned out to be sever allergies to my cats. However, when it came back the second time, I was fully tested for allergies again and all tests were negative. I was also tested for all STD's and everything else associated with the genital area and all came back negative. It lasted about a month and a half and finally went away. It is a year later and back in full force.
I scratch until I bleed. I cringe when I have to urinate because of the pain and burn associated with it. I have tried topical creams, prescription creams/ointments, hydroxyzine at bedtime to no avail. I have even tried anti depressants, to no avail as well. I have hypothyroidism and get my blood tested every three months, with no changes. It is destroying my quality of life. Can anyone help or suggest another course of treatment? I am at my wits end. Now the itching has spread to under my breasts and on my right side of the waist with a rash. I have not changed anything in my day to day living, nor added anything as well (ie., soap, detergents, creams, etc.)

This discussion is related to Extreme Itching Throughout Body.