Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Severe hives around waist and itching rash over body

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Two days ago I started itching around my waist...when I looked I had really bad welts that run from navel to my sides.  I have a rash under my arms and around my breasts...the welts and the rash itch horribly...nothing will help with the itching.  I have tried benadryl pills and cortisone cream. The itching is so severe it hurts.  There have been no changes in my diet or detergent so I don't think it's an allergy. I have a soreness in my head and neck (feels like I've bumped my head but I haven't) and extrmem fatigue.  I can't go to the doctor yet because my insurance does not go into effect until next week...can someone suggest what it may be?  I don't want to die.  But I feel really ill. This morning I had a spell with shaking, sweating and severe nausea...it passed after I slept for a couple hours.
Tags: hives, rash, head
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
I am not a doctor, so this is my opinion only. First of all you sound misserable, and you have my sympathy. My nephew had a severe rash from belly button to just above pubic area, out to each side of his belly. It looked like a mass of welts and even had some slight bleeding, probably from his itching. He had it less severe on his chest, inside of thighs, and arms from about the bicep down. The docs first thought it was scavies (spelling?). It's very contagious, you get it from people who have it already, and you give it to people you come into contact with. There would be little red bumps in between webbing of fingers, and maybe toes.
My nephew did not have this. He had severe excyma. His eyes got puffy and were matted shut in the morning. The doc said it was because the rash was so severe it was causing an allergic reaction in his body.
He was successfully treated with a 25 day course of prednisone (including taper off period).
I hope this has been helpfull for you. good luck