Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Severe intermitent bicep pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Severe intermitent bicep pain

First time I got this I thought I was dying - a severe burning muscle pain like a cramp but alot more intense whilst laying in bed watching TV at night, it spreaded across my whole arm then into my shoulder across my chest and affected my breathing then into both arms. Crippling extreme pain lasted approx 30 minutes then faded, for days after I was extremely stiff in my arms, I went to my local GP who said it may be a trapped nerve and there was nothing that could be done, in the following weeks it returned and the only thing that stopped it spreading were extremley cold showers. Months have passed with no pain then last week it returned - I am now annoyed with this burden of pain and cannot find any answers. I've just had it again whilst washing the dishes my arm burnt up and the pain began - lasting around 30 minutes but staying in my upper arm. It feels as though i have just done 200 push ups on one arm. It didn't spread - can anyone please point me in a direction of what this could be or how to treat it. Thank you
have you had you heart checked sometimes this can be a symptom of a heart attack
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If it is the left arm and the pain comes and goes in bouts, you could be having angina. You need a 12 lead EKG, tread mill test, ECHO and angiogram for complete heart evaluation and must see a cardiologist. At times right arm pain too could be due to heart attack.
Other than this it can be a pinched nerve in neck or shoulder area and you need nerve conduction tests and MRI of neck for diagnosis.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined immediately for angina. Take care!
I did go to the docs straight away - I would've called an ambulance but the pain went away. I'm just scared cause it keeps coming back , I'll get myself back to the doctors and hope it doesn't come back in the mean time.
Its also in my right arm, It felt so strong I considered a heart attack or even stroke but I never got any results from the doctor but I will go back and ask for an angina test.

Thank you for your quick response and advice,  what actualy is angina and what causes it? and can it be treated?????
I'm booked in for thursday at the docs :/