Severe labia swelling day 6
I am experiencing severe labia swelling in both sides, it has been going on for about 6 days now. I called my pcp and he suggested that it was a yeast infection and said I should try monistat which I did. The monistat only slightly relieved the pain. And since takin the monistat the swelling has only increased. The swelling consists of the clitoral hood, both sides of the labia majora extending the full length of the vulva and down to the rectum, both sides of the labia minora which are now hard and  very bumpy.  I have tried everything to reduce the swelling (which is causing a large amount of friction and pain down there to the point where I cannot go to the bathroom). I have tried ice, elevation of the hips, ointments (burn and yeast), witch hazel, compression, and monistat. Are there other home remedies to reduce the swelling???
You should be seen for this.  This is much more than your typical yeast infection.

Here is another MedHelp thread on the problem:  http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Womens-Health/How-long-does-it-take-to-cure-a-yeast-infection/show/34351

When you use a cream product, make sure you are dried off before applying it.  Use it as directed for the full treatment.  Shower often.  Wash your toTwels in HOT water and add 1/3 cup baking soda to the water.  It may be best to throw out your underwear or use pantiliners every day because the fungus can lurk in fabric and keep you infected.  

If you have athlete's foot, you need to treat that also.  Tea tree oil is great.  
I would try taking sits baths in warm soda water and maybe cut back on the things your trying. Lots of stuff in a six day time frame. Something is causing this, and I would look towards laundry soaps and fabric softeners/dryer sheets, or a new bath soap? Get something that is hypoallergenic and don't use softeners for a while and see if that helps. If something like this is the cause, trying to cure it isn't going to help. Find the cause and you'll have the cure.
Hi Nicole, OK first if you are not shaved do it or trim back your pubic hair very short, as this can hold an infection because its moist down there, and a good plan natural yogurt they say is very good way getting rid of a yeast infection, and always wear only cotton knickers.
Just some simple things that may help.
Good Luck