Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Severe pain in top left of skull

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Severe pain in top left of skull

Hi im a 40 yr old male and for the last few wks ive been experienceing severe pain 3 -4 inches above my jaw hinge on the top left side of my head it is like a stabbing burning pain,
i at first thought of nueropathic pain but tryin to get a dr to take me seriously has been at best difficult.
It hurts to eat and it hurts not to,i cant sleep  think straightthis all started the day i went to the dentist and had a tooth from that side of my mouth pulled but its been 3 wks since that tooth was pulled

is it poss that it has somthing to do with that?.

thanks for any info

This discussion is related to Head pain.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You probably have a TMJ disorder. You have to press on muscles of the cheek and jaw to look for sore points. Then massage these points with short strokes. To massage the masseter muscles on each side of your jaw, place your thumb inside your mouth and squeeze the thick muscle in your cheek with your fingers. To massage the jaw muscles inside your mouth, use your index finger to probe and massage these spots.
Moist heat or cold packs on the face, vitamin supplements, or biofeedback are useful for some people. Usually people find a method that brings relief by trial and error. Consult an ENT specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!