Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Severe pains in stomach around belly button/

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

For the past 4 days, I have had severe pains inside of my stomach,in and around my belly button, The pains are so sharp that they acually are making me vomit.
I went to the emergency room to see what was going on but all the Doctor said was it sounds like a cyst in the "ovary" and did no tests or internals to acually see if thats what it was... and that was 4 days ago, and I am still feeling the excat same pains, and i have no appetite and am extremly weak. What could this possibly be????? please respond!!!!
I am glad that you asked this question here and we will try our best to help you.

There are many possible reasons for this and the prominent ones would be appendicitis, urinary tract infections, cysts, diverticulitis and Irritable bowel syndrome.

I would also like to know what your age and relationship status to rule out pregnancy. Further, please let us know if you may have had constipation or diarrhea

This may need some more analysis from your doctor and it is necessary that you may reconsult this doctor or any other doctor for the same.

Keep me posted and please consider this as an emergency
I am 20 years old, in a 3 year commited relatioship and I have 1 child who is almost 2 and he was delivered by C section 6 weeks early.--- I am on birth control pills, and take precautions when needed, I feel as if pregnancy is not a factor, but there is always that chance.
I did/do not have constipation, but diarrehea on the other hand I did, slightly but not much. Also I forgot to menchion in my last post, that I had some bleeding/spotting,not much mostly just when i went to the bathroom, but it wasn't red period blood, it was more of a dark brown/black watery color and it lasted for about 3-4days.
I am making an APT with my family DOC in the AM, but i find it hard to get into him, so i wonder if i should go back to the ER if i do not get in, because this pain has been on-going for 5 days now, and it is getting harder to tolerate. I;ve been taking Advil extra strenght to see if it helps the pain but it does not, and I still am feeling nauseated.

This has been on-going with me, about 5 months ago, I had the same kind of pains in and around the belly button area, and I had a CT done and numerous of ultrasounds, and they all came back normal, Also my white blood cell count was high and I seen an blood doctor for that but he said he felt no concerns and that point. I am just so lost in this whole thing me nor the doctors have no idea whats going on with me and nothing much is being done about it, and I am hoping to get some more advice from you's, it helps a lot on your opinios and thoughts, thank ypu, Please respod back!!!!!

You should reconsult with your doctor; take a second opinion if you are not convinced.

Since you have been having the symptoms for quite some time now, it would be advisable to get yourself investigated to reach a confirmed diagnosis.

The further plan of management would involve -

'-Blood tests including full blood count, electrolytes, urea, creatinine, liver function tests, pregnancy test and lipase.
-Urinalysis
-Imaging including erect chest X-ray and plain films of the abdomen
-An electrocardiograph to rule out a heart attack which can occasionally present as abdominal pain

If diagnosis remains unclear after history, examination and basic investigations as above then more advanced investigations may reveal a diagnosis. These as such would include

-Computed Tomography of the abdomen/pelvis
-Abdominal or pelvic ultrasound
-Endoscopy and colonoscopy'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdominal_pain

Let us know about what your doctor advises and if you need any further information.

Regards.