Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Severe sunburn and swelling of the face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Severe sunburn and swelling of the face

I've got a severe sunburn on my shoulders, forehead, and neck area. My shoulders have started to blister slightly and so has my forehead. My face is all swollen and ive been using ibprofen and aloe vera gel like everyone reccomends. But what can i do about my face swelling to the point its hard to keep my eyes open?
please help! my legs are extreamly swollen due to a 6 hour exposure to the sun at the beach, they are really burnt bright red, my calfs are hard and my ankles are swollen and hard as well, what else other than aloe vera lotion would help ease the pain? i can hardly walk my skin feels like its streaching and about to rip with every step. thanks
It appears that you have a bad case of sensitivity to the sun. This is not surprising since you mentioned that you are fair, and that implies you have less melanin in your skin to protect you from the sun. The only way forward for you is to protect yourself as much as possible. protective clothing and sunscreen lotions are the best help. Tanning in the sun would actually expose you to a lot of sun and if there are any areas which get undue exposure, you may get sun burns again.

If you really like the tan, you should probably take some professional help from a dermatologist who may be able to guide you further.

Let me know if I answered your query or if you need further clarification.

All the best.