Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Severe swelling in feet and ankles.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe swelling in feet and ankles.

Hi I am new to this forum.  I am 46 years old 5'4" and weigh 305 pounds.  In the last six months I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholestrol, type II diabetis.  I have horrible osteoarthritis in both knees and am currently receiving  a series of shots in my knees. I have degenerative disc disease and herniated disc L-4 and L-5.  I have horrible pain in my left outer thigh.  It is sporadic, but when it happens all I can do is scream!!!  It feels like fireworks on going off.  If anyone know what that is or has any advice please let me know.  My doc put me on gabapentin and said it is neuropothy, it has not helped at all.  The last several months my feet and ankles swell to the point I can't walk! By the way I can only stand for a very short time, like 20 or 30 seconds without having to lean againt something or sit down.I have been fighting with my insurance company Health Alliance HMO to have Lap Band Surgery!  They keep denying me due to my hypothyroidism. They insist my thyroid needs to in the normal range for a minimum of six months.  I am on 200 mcg of Synthroid and it is still not normal.  My endo stated that should not stop my surgery!  I will die without it!  If anyone can help with any advice I would appreciate it greatly!  

My husband passed away from pancratic cancer in 2005.  Therefore, it is me and my wonderful sixteen year old daughter!  If something happens to me she has no  one.  My mother died in 1999 and my father died last year.  I am an only chlild and so was her father.  

Here is a list of my meds:

Synthroid 200 mcg, methadone 60mg, lipitor 10mg, celexa 50mg, hydrochlorothiazide 50ng per day, metformin 500mg, didrex 50mg  3xday. I also take a multi-vitamin, fish oil and an low dose asprin daily.
Thank you for any advice you can give!  Again it is 3:00 am so I am sure I am rambling.  I had a lot to say & really didn;t know how to get it all out!

Thanks again!!!!!