Severe upper abdominal pain, nausea ER visit
I have recently experienced severe upper abdominal pain so debilitating I required an ambulance ride to the ER, once there they gave me two huge shots of dilaudid and four shots of zorfan just to make the pain and nausea more tolerable. They ran a bunch of blood tests and did a sonogram to look for pancreatic swelling and gall stones and/or duct obstruction. They saw nothing abnormal, my blood tests showed normal levels of amylase but lipase was elevated by 60% above normal. The condition was found to be undifferentiated; thereby a list of likely diagnoses was given, dyspepsia along with early pancreatitis, dyspepsia along with gastritis or gastritis with possible ulcers.

That is all fine, I don't really need to get another opinion on the upper abdominal pain. What I would like to get an opinion on is an incidental finding on the blood work-up. I would like to know what to think of this - high Neutrophils 84% (normal range given 36%-66%) low lymphocytes 10% (normal range given 24%-44%); should I be concerned about these numbers? My doctor's didn't mention anything to me, I only found them when I was reviewing my reports.
You have an infection and your body is not working to destroy it. See a haematologist. You may need plasma transfusion.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.