Sharp, Pointy Stool !
I'm a 20 years old male and i have been having what best could be explained by having pointy stools. As weird as it may sound i have been having pointy stools for the past 4-5 days. The sharp stools kind of cut my skin and its really painful. The stool itself is not hard and it easily comes out so it doesnt feel like im constipated. Its just the beginning of the stool that hurts when coming out. I tried a laxative which just made my stool softer but didnt help with the sharp pointy feeling when the stool is coming out. I tried putting Vaseline and olive oil to soften it but that didnt help either. I'm drinking lots of water, fruits, vegetables and fiber. I just dont know what could be causing this. My stool is normal its just the tip of it that gets this sharp pointy texture that makes it painful.
any ideas?
maybe its not the stool itself but the anus region that is possibly irritated, i suggest consulting a doctor.
my doctor is away until june 16th..i just want to make sure its nothing serious

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It may not be anything serious. It could just be anal fissures that make the initial passage of stool painful. Try applying lignocaine gel before passing stool and see if it helps. Try this until your doctor is back.  Take a diet rich in roughage. Take care!