Sharp Pain down left arm ?
I keep having a sharp pain that runs down the BACK of my left arm. I went to my doctor and he gave me a EKG and a stress test and everything came back normal. He said, he had no idea what was causing this pain. I don't have it all the time, it comes and goes. I could be sitting watching TV and get it. I even got it while I was having the EKG and nothing showed up. Any ideas what could be causing this pain ? When I first got it I thought I was having a heart attack, but the doctor said, no.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There is a chance that you have compression of the spinal nerves in the cervical spine region. This can happen due to overuse of computers, work involving straining of neck, herniated disc, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc. A MRI of the cervical spine and nerve conduction studies may be required. Please consult a neurologist. The treatment is to remove the compression. You have to discuss the best treatment option with a neurologist, which can range from medication to physiotherapy to traction, cervical collars or even surgery. Alternatively you can visit a chiropractor or a physical therapist and learn some exercises which you can do to relieve the compression.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I would try a chiropractor you may have some spinal issues.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.