Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sharp Stomach Pain, Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomitting, Neck and Back Pain??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

So many different symptoms all at one time!!
I stayed up for 24 hours due to an early morning flight 3 days ago...I went to bed that afternoon..and ended up sleeping for 16 hours..and woke up the next day. I woke up with a severe jabbing pain in my stomach that has lasted for two days now. Then it lead to diarrhea. I got so tired that it took all my energy to stay standing for a few minutes and would get short on breath. Ther stomach pain would get so intense tha I could do nothing but lay down or curl up and cry and wait for it to get better..but as soon as I would get back up within 30 minutes it would return. I tried to eat today and I couldn't hold anything down. Now to add to everything I had a neck pain..I thought I just needed to crack my neck and it would go away but it hurts to even turn it to the left or right too far now..the pain had moved to my right shoulder..and still is in my neck. I tried icy hott..and it helps a little..but its still there. Everything is coming all at once..its kind of making me wonder am I needing to watch out for something.. I'm 16... I'm athletic.. I'm not messing around with guys.. I'm not having lady issues heh... I just need helpppp before I fall over in even more pain. Any answers? Thank you.

The stomach pain could be due gastritis, gastroenteritis, and viral infection of the stomach. It could also be food poisoning which can cause stomach pain and vomiting.
You may have sprained your neck during sleep. I would suggest you to continue with the heat and ice therapy and take a mild OTC painkiller.
For your stomach issues please consult a physician as you need to undergo a physical exam. Meanwhile take small amounts of Gatorade/ pedialite to maintain hydration and small salty snacks like crackers etc every few hrs.
Take care and keep us posted!

An analysis of your symptoms shows it to be a case of gastroenteritis or irritable bowel syndrome. It can be a case of traveller’s diarrhea also since you suffered from it after travelling You can become infected by eating or drinking food or water that has come in contact with feces. Food and water become contaminated when they are handled by people with fecal content on their hands—not in direct contact with feces. Restaurants are common sites for exposure to this type of food poisoning.

Take plenty of fluids as loss of fluid in stools and vomit may lead to electrolyte imbalance, Avoid solid food for the first few hours. If you have been vomiting, wait 6 hours. Then eat small amounts of mild foods such as rice, applesauce or crackers. You may take some antiemetic or antidiarrheal like lomotil.But consultation from a physician is required as antibiotics may have to be started after stool culture.

Pls contact a physician immediately if the symptoms persist and the neck pain does not subside as it may be meningitis? West Nile fever? Diagnosis can only be confirmed after complete examination and lab tests.

Take care and do keep us posted.