Sharp pain in arm
For the past 24 hours, I've been having a sharp pain in my upper left arm.  When it first occured, I thought I had been stung by an insect.  It feels like a needle is stuck in me, and lasts for only a second or two.  I don't see a puncture, discoloration or redness, or any swelling.  This has happened about 8-10 times now.  I also felt it once yesterday in my lower right arm.

My only other health problems are thyroid cancer, (which resulted in a thyroidectomy & radiation 7 years ago), pigmented purpuric dermatitis on my rear end, and tennis elbow in both arms.  I had complete blood work & physical done on April 25, with my TSH at .245, cholestrol 137, BP 93/66.  

Any idea of what this pain might be, and whether I should be concerned? Thank you for your assistance!
I'm still having the pains, but they've now progressed to a burning sensation over a little larger area.  If someone has ideas on this, please let me know!  I have no insurance, so I definitely hesitate to contact a doctor unless I should be concerned.  Thanks.
Did you ever find out what the issue was?  I have been experiencing the same issue in my upper right arm for the past hour.

Thanks in Advance
I have a vitamin B12 deficiency and I tend to get this quit a bit. I would recommend getting your B12 levels checked. For me I get it when my levels are really low and the worst I ever got it was when my levels spiked really high.