Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sharp pain in groin?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Sharp pain in groin?

I am a 26 y/o male and about 4 nights ago, I was sleeping in bed and was leaning sideways in a way that my body is facing right. Then after sometime I tried to change position so that I would be leaning towards left. While I was trying to do that, I experienced a sudden sharp pain in my groin in what appears to be my right vas deferens (I'm not really sure, it's just based from internet image search). From then on until now, the pain has been re-occuring once in awhile and the level of pain varies but it's in the same position (right side) but sometimes it occurs anywhere in the entire pelvic area. By the way, I don't think I feel any lump or pain anywhere when I try to touch it.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this and how could I treat it? Thanks a lot.
Have a doctor check you for hernia, they can prescribe an ultrasound for that.
are you athletic? you may have pulled a muscle. if pain persists, seek medical attention. they may prescribe anti-inflamatories in conjunction with a combonation of exercises. hope this helps.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you have is probably meralgia paresthetica. This is a superficial nerve compression (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve), that comes from the hip area and gets pinched. This condition is called meralgia paresthetica and is often due to weight gain or wearing tight clothes and belts or abnormal posture. Losing some weight or wearing loose clothes and belts often helps relieve the pain/numbness/tingling. Also injection of lignocaine (anesthetic agent) at the site helps. In your case you can apply a pain reliever at the site.
The other possibility is compression of pudendal nerve in pelvis.
Please consult a neurologist and you may need nerve conduction studies for this. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you all for your help specially doctornee medical.
I think I'll give it a week and if it's still there I will go to a doctor and update you on what's his diagnosis.
Thanks again.