Sharp pain in left temple and eye
I have had sharp pain in my left temple and eye for the past two years.  I have seen several doctors, but with no luck.  The neurologist ruled out migraines and muscles.  He thinks that arthritis at the base of the skull could be putting pressure on the finer nerves to my face, but the doctor he referred me to for injections in my neck, said no.  I have been to U of M Pain Clinic, seen multiple neurologists, ENT's, neuro-opthalmologist, orthopedic doctors and rheumatologists and had physical therapy on my neck.  When the pain gets bad, it affects my vision, like someone is pressing on the side of my eye.  I am now experiencing episodes of severe pain and nausea that wake me up at night from a sound sleep.  Pain medicine only softens the pain, but never takes it away.  Also, when the pain gets severe, it affects the 5th nerve and I feel the pain all the way into the roof of my mouth and lips.  The pain has never gone away in the two years.  It averages around a 6 daily.
some pains my be stress related but i would keep seeking out doctors
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I am not sure what all has been looked into but the following should be investigated: TMJ, dental pain, migraine, temporal arteritis, poor eye sight or other eye problems, benign intracranial hypertension, pinched cervical spinal nerve, and trigeminal neuralgia.
Do discuss this with your doctor and see what has not been looked into. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.