Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sharp pains, cough, headaches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Sharp pains, cough, headaches

For two days now, I have had the worst cough, the one that hurts your entire body everytime you cough and especially your head.  I get these random shooting pains that start from my nostrils and run through my head causing me to grimace with pain.  My head hurts everytime I bend down and I feel all this tension at the bridge of my nose and face.  My temples are hurting as well.  My cough is best decribed as a painful dry cough.  Sometime, I cough up flegm and its really yellowish in color...my ears hurt sometimes but not always...everytime I swallow, I feel like Im swallowing tiny razors down my throat.  I have a swollen lymph node on the ride side of my neck but not on the left...I dont beleive any other parts of my body are swollen (armpits/goin) at this time.  I believe that my lypmh node grew in size within the past day.  Before this, I went on a 12 day every night partying escapade where I would get wasted and smoke a pack of ciggs given which night it is.  I say this just incase this had anything (which it may have) with me feeling this way.  I cant seem to shake it and I dont want to get on any meds to clear it...can anyone help diagnose this situation for me.  Thanks.
i to have the feeling like im swallowing ting rozor blades when i swallow, and also have problems with sinuses and tonsilis...  i should also add that ive only just gotten over a bout of tonsilitis and still feel like ****...  

Has a chest xray and CT scan of your sinuses been done? Do you have any fever or sputum production?

Has a lung function test been done?

Have you had allergic reactions in the past? Are you allergic to any specific substances?

Do you have any other symptoms like breathlessness, reflux symptoms or heartburn or nasal symptoms like nasal discharge etc. Do you smoke?

Chronic cough is usually seen in cases of asthma, GERD or gastro esophageal reflux disease and sinusitis due to the post nasal drip.

You should try steam inhalation, warm saline gargles, saline nasal drops and oral antihistamine medications and see if it helps with your symptoms.

If the cough still persists, it would be best to consult your doctor and also get a chest xray done to rule out a chest infection.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you need any other information.

Regards.