Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sharp twinge in left breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Sharp twinge in left breast

For the past 4 days i have had a sharp intermittent twinge of pain in & underneath my left breast. It last for approx 2 seconds but is really painful when it comes almost like a burning pain.

Are you able to tell me what this is?

Thanks for keeping me posted.
Pain in your chest (behind your left breast) could be acidity or heart burn. Antacids give relief. The other reason could be due to esophageal reflux, where the food in your stomach is thrown up into your food pipe or esophagus. This also causes burning sensation or discomfort/pain in the chest area. Cough or heart problems too cause discomfort/pain in chest area. I would strongly recommend you see a physician about this. Another possibility is costochondritis (inflammation of the joint between rib and sternum. All the enumerated possibilities cause pain on and off.

It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do let me know if there is any thing else you want to know and please keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you for replying.
I on & off have had chest pain & burning for 1 month now & was given an ECG & said it was fine, given omeprazole & told it was acid.
However this pain in my breast felt different- do you still think it could be acid? I am only on 10mg of omeprazole & the Dr said it may need to be increased.

Prior to having this ECG my Dr thought it was costochondritis as when he pressed my chest i screamed in pain..

The pains are not especially when i am on the move sometimes i get them when i am just watching TV. I do get a lot of reflux in my throat, especially when i have had a heavy meal or alcohol.

What would your professional advice be?
Thanks for keeping me posted!
It is difficult to comment without examining. It could be a combination of both. I think you can increase the dose to 20mg/day for omeprazole for better effect. You should take smaller meals. Avoid food at least 2 hours before bedtime. Avoid too much of caffeine.
Costochondritis, you should attempt to treat by local analgesics and hot fomentation. Your doctor can advice some pain killers that will not increase the acidity.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!