Shin Lumps
I've read a few other postings dealing with the same thing. Right now you can only see one lump on the outside of my left shin approximately 6 inches above my ankle. I doesn't hurt when I touch it at all. When ever I do a run or do a fast paced walk I get two lumps on the side and get to the sice of a half dollar. Then my whole entire shin and top of foot begins to burn like someone poured acid on it. Even though it hurts it feels a lot better to continue walking or running because when I stop it hurts even worse. After a while my ankle will swell and be filled with fluid. I just recently went to a orthopedic specialist and he had xrays and a mri done. He told me that there's nothing wrong with the bone or anything around it. So he's sending me to another doctor who is know for dealing with shin splints. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

This discussion is related to Semi painless Lump in Shin.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Try a vascular specialist. Deep vein thrombosis or faulty valves of deep veins can cause localized edema, bruising and swelling resulting in ankle swelling. It can be diagnosed by a duplex ultrasound or color dopplar. Deep vein thrombosis is treatable, both medically and surgically. Stockings (tight compression) to press the lower extremity to aid circulation and medicines help many. If you take these medicines and wear the stockings, the pain will reduce considerably. Do not walk for prolonged time. Do not stand at one place for a long time. If you need to, then keep moving your legs.
Avoid weight gain and eat healthy. Take care!