Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Shingles
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shingles

15 months ago I had a case of shingles. Not severe. I did have a small rash over my right knee. The rash went away in a few weeks. However it did weaken my knee. about 6 months ago I noticed that it would make a "cracking" noise whenever I would bend down to play on the floor with my children/dog. It still does. I have noticed that my knee is starting to bother me more. I still have range of motion. It seems like it manifested in my knee.
I just would like to restore my knee to what it was before the shingles virus. I have been hoping that it would run its course and all would be fine, but it is not. It still is in my knee. Not the bones, but in the tissue of it, in the front, right under my kneecap, and then straight in, deep.
I did have chicken pox as a child. I am 57 years old, male. I am an ex athlete. I do not work out at this time. I did wrestle in high school and I boxed for a few years. None of that activity (roadwork) ever bothered me. What do you recommend? I am serious about trying to do the right thing now before it may get worse, possibly irreparably.
Thank you,
Drew