Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Should I Go To The ER

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Should I Go To The ER

For several weeks i've had pain along my right groin area I had a D Dimer test and Ultrasound done and no clot was found and then it went away. Monday I started having sharp pains in the same area it eventually went away.  But now I am having pain on the top of my upper leg/thigh area and also the upper part of my calf and in my calf but that pain is more like a dull ache and it all comes and goes, and I am also having pain in my left calf.  Could this be a blood clot?  I am also havin severe pain in my right side and and also some pain in my left side and back and stomach pain, but it all comes and goes.   I want to go to the ER but my mom refuses to take me because i've been to the ER so much over the past month and a half due to my anxiety
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Low back pain can be due to muscle pull/strain. However there are other causes too. Pressure on the lumbar nerves can cause pain due to spondylotic changes in vertebrae, degenerative bone disease, herniated disc, bone disease, cancer or TB of the vertebra or bad posture. This pain can get referred to legs. Nerve compression can be superficial too in the thigh. Kidney problems, stones in the urinary tract and colitis or IBS are the other possibilities. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Depending on the clinical findings you will need to get a MRI of lower spine, CT scan of abdomen, urine examination etc. You may also need to consult a gastroenterologist.
Calf pain can be due to clots or dehydration or electrolyte imbalance. Drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy and see if it helps. Though you need not rush to the ER, please show this to a doctor for a detailed examination. Take care!
You could have a muscle cramp. Have you tried eating a banana to see if that helps alleviate things?
same here. my dad didnt take me seriously when i told him i couldnt breathe i wanted to go to to the er for it but i had gone so many times just bc my anxiety. anxiety can effect you so badly mentally that you could just be convincing urself something is wrong. when i finally went to the dr. i was diagnosed with severe asthma. (2 days ago) i have to see a luing specialist. thats not my anxiety. try to go see a dr. but first try relaxing take a htot bath your body will show signs of pain if you are mentally in pain. trust me i know.
Avatar n tn
Ok did go to ER they did a d dimer test and a dopplar on my left leg all came back normal but now the right leg pain is back having sharp pains in my groin and calf so I don't know what to do do I go back or wait and talk to my cardiologist on Tuesday when I go back for a follow up appointment which the only reason i'm seeing him is because of my rapid heart rate which i'm positive is anxiety.