Should I have a flu/pneumonia vaccine?
I have had a positive ANA as well as positive RA blood tests, and I am having symptoms of lupus, and or rheumatoid arthritis, or fibromyaalgia.  The rest of my lab work was within normal limits.  I also have family history of rheumatoid arthritis and autoimmune disease. My symptoms include lymph node swelling, fatigue, joint pain, and sun sensitivity.  However, I am most concerned with my excessive thirst, drinking at least a gallon of water per day. I have also been having pain in my side, first one side, and then the other as well as a decreased appetite.  All of these symptoms come and go.  I was wondering if I should have a flu and pneumonia shot? Also, I am concerned that the rheumatologist might discount my symptoms because of the normal bloodwork, but I'm concerned because I've read that you can have kidney damage long before it can be identified.  Thanks.
you are not at particular risk from consequences of flu/pneumonia. you are not immunodeficient or have any pathology that place you at risk.

in some people the flu shot can trigger a autoimmune reaction and symptoms similar to yours.