Shoulder Blades and Nausea
Would shoulder/upper arm pain and Stomach / Nausea be the sign of something, Heart burn.  I have had this for almost a month.  Pain in not every day.  I haven't lost any weght, but I do have sweats, and I am tired.  Blood work is good, and they did an ultra sounds on the gall bladder, kidney, liver, and pancreis. All negative....What else good I be dealing with, I am tired of not feeling good.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The symptoms could be exacerbation of the GERD.  It could also be hiatal hernia. Treatment is a combination of drugs to reduce the acid and lifestyle changes. You will need to take a combination of medications (under medical supervision) like a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole,  lansoprazole or pantoprazole empty stomach in the morning and an antacid gel after meals for complete relief. Possibility of H pylori infection too should be looked into by a carbon urea breath test and a combination antibiotic tried. Many a times a persisting H pylori infection can be the cause behind acidity not responding to treatment.
Life style changes that will help include: Avoid heavy meals and eat frequent small meals. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, smoking, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Avoid lying down for least 2 hours after food. Maybe these tips will help you.
You should consult a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system) or a physician for this if these tips reduce your symptoms. You may need upper GI endoscopy for confirmation and to know the degree of damage. Take care!

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.