Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Shoulder Injury?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shoulder Injury?

Hi, im Cassie, 18 years old from Australia. Im a field hockey goalkeeper. Last night i had a tough game against the top team. I was saving shots, and jumping on the ground laying down on my side to stop the ball several times. But as i was doing this they whacked the ball and it hit me on my shoulder pretty hard. My padding wasnt quite over my shoulder. Straight away i felt massive pain, but played on through the night as i was the only goalie. Today its so sore i can hardly move it, and was sore when i slept! Its aching at the moment and when i try to move it up i get sharp pain!!! Any idea of what ive done? Or should i just leave it and see if it gets better. Ive been resting it all day today, and even put off my other plans :(
3 Comments
Blank
Please do consultation to a medical facility... Tests could be done for to rule out other possible trauma-related injuries...
Blank
2115889_tn?1338886392
I'm no expert especially in sports injury. Personally I think sports injuries are crazy why a person wants to tear their young body up to have one that aches and hurt all the time by the time they reach 40 sounds crazy to me.
Blank
Maybe you should get someone to put   (icy-hot ) on the area, for that really does  help get rid of the pain.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank