Shoulder Injury?
Hi, im Cassie, 18 years old from Australia. Im a field hockey goalkeeper. Last night i had a tough game against the top team. I was saving shots, and jumping on the ground laying down on my side to stop the ball several times. But as i was doing this they whacked the ball and it hit me on my shoulder pretty hard. My padding wasnt quite over my shoulder. Straight away i felt massive pain, but played on through the night as i was the only goalie. Today its so sore i can hardly move it, and was sore when i slept! Its aching at the moment and when i try to move it up i get sharp pain!!! Any idea of what ive done? Or should i just leave it and see if it gets better. Ive been resting it all day today, and even put off my other plans :(
Please do consultation to a medical facility... Tests could be done for to rule out other possible trauma-related injuries...
I'm no expert especially in sports injury. Personally I think sports injuries are crazy why a person wants to tear their young body up to have one that aches and hurt all the time by the time they reach 40 sounds crazy to me.
Maybe you should get someone to put   (icy-hot ) on the area, for that really does  help get rid of the pain.