Skin irritation when cold
I am wondering if there might be any cause for why my skin hurts. It began after having the H1N1 flu around mid November 09, but hasn't stopped. Any time that I get sick or really any time that I get cold and shiver my skin hurts. It is mostly localized to the front and sides from below my shoulders and to my belly button, however recently-with this cold I have now-my arms are now having the same problem. It is rather hard to explain as it is not really necessarily a pain. It is more of an irritation. Whenever I shiver my skin is irritated, causing great discomfort. Though, I imagine it has nothing to do with my clothing because even when wearing no clothing I have the same problem, like my skin is irritated by itself. I have had blood work done and apparently I am normal in every way. I never did get the H1N1 vaccination as I was not in the group that "needed" it.

I am just frustrated and wondering if there might be any other explanation as to why this is happening. I welcome any questions as my description may be rather vague, but is all I know to write at the time. I also welcome any and all legitimate opinions.

Please Help!

It could be some form of nerve irritation/damage from the flu. I also had a strain of H1N1 and it was in December 09. I had the Chickenpox late in life as a teenager and as a result ended up having a mild case of the Shingles. Every time I'm severely sick I get a flare up of the Shingles. Not saying at all you have this same diagnosis but the nerve damage thing is something to bring up to your doctor.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.