Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Skin irritation when cold

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Skin irritation when cold

I am wondering if there might be any cause for why my skin hurts. It began after having the H1N1 flu around mid November 09, but hasn't stopped. Any time that I get sick or really any time that I get cold and shiver my skin hurts. It is mostly localized to the front and sides from below my shoulders and to my belly button, however recently-with this cold I have now-my arms are now having the same problem. It is rather hard to explain as it is not really necessarily a pain. It is more of an irritation. Whenever I shiver my skin is irritated, causing great discomfort. Though, I imagine it has nothing to do with my clothing because even when wearing no clothing I have the same problem, like my skin is irritated by itself. I have had blood work done and apparently I am normal in every way. I never did get the H1N1 vaccination as I was not in the group that "needed" it.

I am just frustrated and wondering if there might be any other explanation as to why this is happening. I welcome any questions as my description may be rather vague, but is all I know to write at the time. I also welcome any and all legitimate opinions.

Please Help!

1 Comment
It could be some form of nerve irritation/damage from the flu. I also had a strain of H1N1 and it was in December 09. I had the Chickenpox late in life as a teenager and as a result ended up having a mild case of the Shingles. Every time I'm severely sick I get a flare up of the Shingles. Not saying at all you have this same diagnosis but the nerve damage thing is something to bring up to your doctor.