Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Slammed fingers in vault at work, now theres just blood under the nails...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Slammed fingers in vault at work, now theres just blood under the nails

i recently had my index and middle fingers smashed in a safe door at work. I iced them accordingly, took ibuprofen as needed and wrapped the two together so i wouldn't bump them. The bleeding spread under the nail and i'm finally able to type on my computer with all my fingers...will the blood under my nail be an issue since theres no pain, just damaged nerves? i can also see the start of the new nail growing.
Any accidents at work should be reported into the works Accident and Report Book.  If you do not know where this is kept, ask a member of staff.  Do not be deterred by colleagues telling you that you can't enter the accident into the book, because by law (and I presume the law on health and safety is very similar to the UK) says that all accidents should be reported.

You did the right thing, by icing, taking pain relief and strapping the fingers together.  Only an xray would have shown if the fingers were or are broken.  

The blood that you see under your finger nail with grow out as the nail grows.  This is normal and is the same as seeing a bruise on other parts of the body.