Small burning sensations in specific areas
I realize this message was from 2009; however, I am wondering if the original poster ever found out what it was, or if they even still have it?

I have the exact same thing ... small in size, comes and goes in very specific areas of my body. My right hand, between my pinky and ring finger nuckle, my right shoulder blade, my right forearm ... and the size is like you said, the size of a dime.

I have Lupus SLE and Neuropathy ... however, both docs have no idea.

Just curious.

This discussion is related to Tiny burning sensation on top of shoulder.
I have the same thing, but the pains are not small. They feel like I'm being pinched by pliers. They're here and there, usually 1 at a time, mostly on ribs, upper arms, thighs. They HURT!

Doctors don't have a clue. As long as it won't kill you, they don't care.

I think the most likely cause of my painful spots is post herpetic neuralgia, or "shingles", though there is no redness at the sites.

Yours,,, definitely could be related to SLE, or like mine, you'll never know. Best of luck!
You are right ... if it isn't killing you they don't seem to care. Although they occur at different spots on the body and some only for about 30 minutes while others last for hours. Oh well. Thank you for responding!!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.