Something popped out from under right rib below sternum causing very intense pain
About six months ago, I was leaned over putting my shoe on when something popped out from under my right rib cage just below my sternum.  The pain was so intense that I thought something was actually going to rip apart inside me because it was being stretched and held out of its normal position.  I actually fell to my knees.  I could see something large bulging out from under my breast bone.  After about 10 seconds it popped back under and the pain was gone.  

My doctor thought my liver felt enlarged but an ultrasound said it was normal.  My liver enzymes were elevated.  There was no follow care after this.  It was just thought to be strange.

The exact same thing just happened again a few days ago.  The sensation of tearing and ripping is frightening.  I haven't called my doctor yet because I don't know if I will get any answers or if this is even significant.  

Do you have any idea what is popping out?  I definately feels like it's from under my rib cage.  

Thanks,

J

This discussion is related to After Knee replacement aches, pains.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability what you have is an epigastric hernia. Please get a referral for a surgeon for this.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Would a epigastric hernia be right under my sternum bone?  It sounds crazy but something popped out from under my rib cage then went back under.  Would a hernia cause this?