Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sore muscles, little strength, dizzy spells, insomnia... WTH

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have had some odd things happen to me over the course of the past year or so. These symptoms have been progressing gradually but due to my wife's health problems, I cringe at the thought of going to the doctor. I have used up 5 weeks of my vacation to watch the baby for her hospital visits, already paid a fortune in medical bills, and have an overloaded work schedule. Should I even bother going to the doctor or will these problems eventually pass...

~I cannot fall asleep at night unless I take a sleep aid (three months)
~I have to urinate at least once or twice every night (no water at least one hour before bed)
~Little activity makes me really sore (I was sore for 2 days after assembling a BBQ)
~Lack of strength and endurance (I can't even hold the baby without switching arms for 10 minutes)
~I have to use arch supports to walk short distances or I will have sore                 feet the entire next day, sometimes two days after
~I get dizzy spells where it feels like I may pass out (standing or sitting)
~Light headed
~Lack of energy (I have to force myself to play with the baby for 15 minutes)
~Elevated heart rate
~Blurry vision (not too often)
~Diarrhea every every day or every other day

A diabetic tested my blood sugar after a dizzy spell and it was 95, normal after 8 hours of not eating. I tested my blood pressure and pulse and bother were normal too. I just don't get it. I did bump up my life insurance just in case I drop dead.
It sounds like to me you are having anxiety and it seems you are under alot of stress after reading your post....you say you have been going thru this for over a year now...have you even talked with a dr about your symptoms at all?? these are all signs of being under alot of stress and causing anxiety...I have everyone of your symptoms and I suffer with GAD(generalized anxiety disorder) ....I ended up losing my job because of the dizziness I was having and still do have....course with all the test I had done nothing ever showed up anything....you really do need to go and get an evaluation from a professional dr....your body is trying to tell you something is wrong.....please make that decision and go ....your wife and baby need you....they would rather have you around than to have the insurance money....Prayers are with you.....keep us informed
I just looked up the symptoms and I do have every single one of them. I do have a lot of stress due to recent events but I try not to let it bother me. Well, I guess it makes sense. If you are interested...
~Wife was laid off one month before we had the baby
~Had a baby
~Couldn't afford my house and had to short sale before we missed payments
~Had to live with the mother-in-law for 4 months
~Wife started getting acute diverticulitis and going in and out of hospital
~Barrage of hospital bills
~Prices of gas and food
~Layoffs at work occurring every month
~Wife trying the wean off of Lexapro

I am not depressed by any means but I have not been able to take a break for a long time, other than a few hours a week. Maybe I should go to the doctor and ask for some Xanax, Valium, or something for a month or so to cool my nerves. I don't know... I will probably have to go to a psychiatric doctor and tell my lifelong story to get a narcotic. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. I will keep you informed. Thanks for the prayers.  
Go see a doctor dont take your life at risk what if you drop that baby what if you fall and no one else is there so leave your family behind lead them
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The problems could be associated with intense stress and sleep disturbances (please get this investigated). It could also be due to anemia, diabetes (do a fasting and two hour after meals test), hypothyroidism, or due to kidney or liver problems. Other possibilities are chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, low Vit b12, low iron, low calcium, sodium and potassium.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
Yes you are truely under alot of stress....I would take doctornee medical advice first and go to your regular GP  and let them run some blood work on you first to make sure everything is ok and if it is they may give you something there for your anxiety or nerves if that is what it is without giong to a pschiatirst....its tough times out there in the world today but we got to remember God is in control.....just do the best you can each day and let Him carry your load....I wish you the best and will keep you and your family in my prayers....God Bless
Problem solved...
For a major part of my life, I drank diet Coke and Pepsi like water every day. I have had as much as three 2-liters in a day. I went to the doctor and he tried to put me on sleeping pills and other anti-anxiety drugs but I wanted to know what the source of the problem was and not mask them with pharmaceutic chemicals. So, I started to change my diet by eating more vegetables and fruit with no avail. Well, the last on the list was to significantly cut down the soda to eventually one a day -it has been two days since I had any. Other than the caffeine withdraws, all of my problems have gone away. The most interesting part, my job workload has at least doubled and the stress has really faded away. I guess we change when we get older but I think some people become more sensitive to things like caffeine and aspartame over time due to excessive use. So, if you have similar problems and your doctor can't explain it, try to cut soda out. It feels good to be able to eat pizza, sleep, and have a clear head for a change. I mean, all of my problems just went away like magic. I just thought I would share that here because it was a living hell for months until I figured this out.