Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sore throat jaw pain, ear pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore throat jaw pain, ear pain

I have had a sore throat for almost 14 days now, accompanied by infrequent stabbing pain in my jaw. I know that it's not normal to have a sore throat for this long (it's on my right side, same side as jaw pain) and I'm starting to become concerned. I saw a dentist, thinkin that it was tooth related, but the dentist said he could not attribute it to any tooth problems. He took my temp, felt glands, applied pressure to gums. Nothing, but the pain still persists. What could it be ? im starting to think the worst (Oral Cancer etc.).
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
1551963_tn?1302296332
there has been some strep throat going around for a couple of months now. Just because you don't have a fever doesn't mean that couldn't be the cause. go to the doctor and let them check you out.
Blank
CALM DOWN AT FIRST .SORE THROAT IS TREATABLE AND CURABLE . DO GARRGLES OF BETADINE. ASK YOUR DOCTOR FOR ANTIBIOTICS AND MILD PAINKILLER. HOPE YOU WILL BE FINE IN COUPLE OF DAYS.
Blank
1573808_tn?1295910000
have a look at your tonsils, if their enlarged and/or have white spots you probably have tonsilitus. i get it regularly and as it hurt to swallow your jaw is moving in odd directions trying to over compensate for this pain and you have probably pulled a muscle or ligament in your jaw. this would also account for your high temperature and your gums. Garge Cordisil mouthwash its anti bacterial and is avaliable from everywhere its antibacterial and is great stuff. but eventually you will need a course of antibiotics. let me know how u get on xx
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank