Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Sore tongue, throat & ear on the left side
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sore tongue, throat & ear on the left side

Hello,
I am asking this question for my husband and I tried to get as many details as possible. He has had a sore tongue for a couple of weeks now...it is only sore on the left side and there are no bumps or anything that we can see; it looks the same as the right side. He said it also hurts when he swallows, also only on the left side, and it hurts his throat and his ear. The pain has not gotten better or worse over time, it has just stayed the same.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
I would advise a referral to an ENT physician.

Infection, inflammation or a mass can all lead to the symptoms you describe.  A thorough oral exam should be done to evaluate for any concerning lesions.

A laryngoscopy can evaluate the throat and tissues deeper down.  Imaging the neck with a CT scan can exclude masses.

If there are any suspicious lesions on the tongue, an oral surgeon can be considered, and I would stress an ENT evaluation.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker