Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Soreness in outer right thigh when walkingor crossing leg

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have pain in right side of thigh when walking.  When I cross my pained leg  across the other leg, the pain in my thigh is worse.  There is no pain in my thigh when laying down or sitting down; only when I walk or try to bring my sore leg over my other leg.

This discussion is related to thigh pain.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you are an active sports person or use gym a lot or walk a lot, then the redness and pain could be due to compartment syndrome (due to overuse of leg muscles) or due to inflammation of fascia lata (a fascia on the lateral (outer) side of thigh). A generalized muscle tenderness and aches would go more in favor of fibromyalgia. Vascular pathologies like atherosclerosis, deep vein thrombosis too should be ruled out. Myofascial pain or trigger points in the Gluteus medius muscle and Piriformis muscles can cause pain in the buttock area which may radiate to thighs. Stretching the muscle increases the pain. Pain can be due to nerve compression which can be both spinal and superficial. In the superficial nerve compression, lateral femoral cutaneous nerve that comes from the hip area gets pinched. This condition is called meralgia paresthetica and is often due to weight gain or wearing tight clothes and belts. Losing some weight or wearing loose clothes and belts often helps relieve the pain/numbness/tingling. Also injection of lignocaine (anesthetic agent) at the site helps. In your case you can apply a pain reliever at the site. Otherwise it can be a spinal nerve compression in the lumbar area.
It is difficult to diagnose the condition on net. Various possibilities have been listed out. Please consult your PCP and get proper referrals for diagnosis and treatment.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!