Sour Milk smell
I have had this bump under my skin on the right side of my lower back for about 8 years. My family doctor told me that it was a sweat gland and that it was a fairly normal thing to have (is this true?).Anyway, about three weeks ago i began to notice that i smelled like sour milk (hugely embarrassing by the way, has thrown off the confidence a lot). I of course had no idea what this was, so i changed my diet, ended up going out of town for buisness and that wasnt it. I increased my exercise and focused on taking more vitamins, but nothing seemed to help.Recently i noticed, when i was getting out of the shower, that my back would smell right after leaving the water. I thought it might be a rash or something i couldnt see. Today however i rubbed my bump on my back and a discharge began to come out, This is definetly the source. Its disgusting and i am planning on seeing a dermatologist tomorrow but i wanted to get some opinions now. Thanks
You seem to be having sebaceous cyst. Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.Then antibiotics are needed. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts.

If painless apply warm compresses on the lump.Generally no treatment is required but if they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.