Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Spinal Tap inVestigation
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Spinal Tap inVestigation

I have lost all sensation in my left leg, groin, back and this has been like this now for 2 months and was confirmed yesterday when I met with a Professor of Neurology. I also have tinnitus in my left ear and a weakness in my left arm and pressure headaches.

I have already had an MRI which showed changes in my lumbar spin, they didn't explain what those changes were but they did confirm it was not changes in the bones, there weren't any prolapsed discs ete either.  

I am currently awaiting a date when I will be going into hospital for a few days to have the tap and other tests CT etc.

But can anyone please advise me why they would be doing a spinal tap? And/or advice about what could be causing this left sided numbness and pain.  I am normally a very fit and active 30 year old women.

Any advice and/or guidance would be very much appreciated, it's the not knowing which I am finding very hard to cope with.

Thank you