Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sprained or strained arm?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Sprained or strained arm?

So yesterday I took my little cousin to the park, and we were holding onto a fence and climbing along it on a small hill. He wanted me to slide down, (as he was already at the bottom of the hill) so I did. For some reason I didn't want to let go of the fence and I fell, let go of the fence, and slide down the hill  kinda on my side. So anyway, know my finger by the pinky on my left arm is hurt, and my whole arm up to my shoulder hurts too. There is no swelling or bruising just a dull, but annoying pain. It hurts when I use it, and sometimes at rest. What should I do? Please help me decide weather to see a doctor or not. My mom gets made if we go to the doctor and its not broken. what I am saying is if i don't have a broken bone she we be made, because we basically went to the doctor for nothing, even if it is sprained.Thank you for your help.
please reply as soon as possible
please help! Do I ace bandage it? or what
Hope your arm is better. My first impulse is to say you could have sprained it, or something. If it was me, I would go to the chiropractor, but I suppose your Mom wouldn't like that. If it's a sprain, or strain, it will get better. You can try finding a trigger spot, like where the pain is coming from, and icing it. That might help. Good luck.
You may need a referral to see a physical therapist.  I'm dealing with that right now myself, since I sprained my wrist a month ago.  The therapist will have you do specific exercises to help with the sprain.  You need to go to the doctor who will decide if you need to immobilize the arm for the sprain or not.  This isn't something you should do on your own, because it will affect the use of your hand.  Just go to your regular doctor first.  Your doctor will decide if you will need to immobilize for a while and then see a physical therapist.  It's very important that you do this, so you don't lose function in your hand.