Static EMG Scan Graphic Compared to MRI or X-ray
Are X-ray's and MRI's not as good a test for back problems as the Static EMG Scan? Do Chiropractors not do x-ray or MRI's anymore? I was involved in a slight accident rearended)back in April 2006. I have been going to a Chiropractor since. All he did was the Static EMG Scan. The treatment he has been doing all this time are the electroids. I can't help but wonder if this can fix the problem or not. He diagnosed me with Subluxations caused by sprain/strain of spinal structures. Although the neck still has knot on it, it feels ok but I am having a lot of problems with the lower back.
I have trouble doing anything bending over, getting out of chair, etc. I have pain everyday in my lower back and swelling in my upper left are. Could anyone enlighten me on anything here. I'm just not very happy with my Chiro at the moment. Any responsed would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
An EMG is a subjective test.It shows what muscles are damaged.IF the nerve conduction part is done it will show if nervw damage has occured.

When it comes to a back injury I'd insist on an MRI.These films will show if there is any damage.I've had 2 lumbar surgeries and I personally wouldn't mess around.Chiropractors are good and I seen one for 7 years prior to my first surgery.If you feel that the pain is more than you can stand,make an appointment with a neurosurgeon with a spinalfellowship
when taking a EMG scan and the graphic show blank ....what is the blank meen?